Aimee and the baby

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Well this is my first blog ever! My best friend Nat has a blog that I have been reading, while I dont think my blog will be as entertaining or witty as hers, I can try!

First things first, I am having a baby. I am currently 7 weeks 4 days pregnant. I am not married and I dont even have a boyfriend. You might be wondering how this happened...well let me explain! I have been dating this man named Ike, that I think is wonderful btw, for about two years. He goes to school full time (with a degree in Bio-Medical Engineering) and does real estate stuff on the side, so he is fairly busy. Oh, and he lives about 30 minutes from me so not necessarily close. A couple of months ago we agreed that it would be best if we stopped seeing each other for a while. He needed to get work and school figured out and I needed to get over HIM! You see he is a great guy, which is why it is hard! He has a great relationship with God which I admire, he is honest and driven...just perfect, for the most part. He is from Nigeria and moved here about 9 years ago. His father is a doctor as is one of his sisters. He wanted to come to America to experience everything life has to offer and to accomplish EVERYTHING he wants and his family wants for his life. See why I love the man....oh yeah I didnt mention that I LOVE THIS MAN!

Anyways, back to baby! Well it had been a month since our break and he called. Of course I was excited to hear from him and he could tell. We talked for a while on the phone and then about 45 minutes later he was at my door. I have to admit I was thrilled!!! He missed me!! Well we got back together that Friday night but by Sunday the happiness had worn off. I was so happy to have him back in my life but I couldnt go back to the way we were. I wanted him to be my boyfriend and to spend more time with him and he felt he couldnt commit to that. So, we broke up again. However, three weeks later....no menstral! I let him know I hadnt started and he was great about it. He came over took me to dinner and we talked, he assured me like he always did that it would be fine either way.

I was officially late. I was several days late and I am never late! Nat (bf and also works with me) and I decided to go to walmart at lunch and get a test. I peed and there were two pink lines...then I cried! Nat hugged me and told that it would be ok and I knew it would! Oh, I forgot to mention that we used a condom.....so much for that! I am 26 and will be 27 before the baby is born...normal age for an expecting mom. Ike is 29. I called him on the way back to work from walmart, he said congratulations....I said congratulations to you too! He is okay with it once we got over the initial shock of it all! He has been great this whole thing. Although we arent together we are "hanging out". I stay the night at his house and he at mine. We are just taking it one day at a time and just trying to do what is right for the baby. I know that he will always be there for me and the baby no matter what happens and for that I am grateful.

I am now extremely excited about becoming a mother! I have always wanted children and now it is happening! So far I havent had any morning sickness (knock on wood), just a little nausea in the morning and breast tenderness. I hope it stays this way! On Monday, Nat and I are going to the doctor to hear the babys heart, I am so excited and happy that I get to share this with my best friend! Ike went to the first doctor appt but couldnt take off for this one. But I am glad it is Nat going!

Well thats all for now, more to come!

1 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger NatD said...

I *heart* you. Let me know if you want any help in "adding" stuff to your sidebar, like I have on my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home